Autotransformers are a special type of transformer, maintainig all their constructive characteristics; however, the primary and secondary windings are not electrically isolated (The autotransformer does not have galvanic isolation). When having the appropriate and necessary technical requirements, the autotransformers present great advantages over the transformers, such as the dimensional advantage, as well as low cost and higher efficiency.
- Dry-type insulation, suitable for sheltered installation.
- In the standard powers from 3.0 to 1000kVA.
- For one or more primary and secondary voltages;
- Optimized projects with low losses and excellent heat dissipation;
- Main application in the voltage adaptation of the components to the power circuits;
- Connections of easy access;
- Provided with different degrees of protection and a varnish coating, presenting robustness in the protection against humidity, dust and corrosion, as well as protecting against unwanted noise.
Manufacturing and testing standard: NBR 5356 / IEC 60076 / IEC 61558-2-13
Isolation voltage class: 1.1 kV - Voltage applied in test: 3.0 kVrms
Temperature class: F (155° C)
Temperature rise: 100° C
Room temperature: Maximum 40°C, minimum 5°C, average for 24h max. of 30°C
Overvoltage limit: Maximum of 5% (with rated current)
Altitude: maximum of 1000m
Autotransformers of general purpose are designed for the same applications of low voltage transformers of general purpose, that is, for applications where it is necessary the voltage supply at appropriate levels for powering machines, equipments and general industrial facilities, with maximum efficiency and safety, but where galvanic isolation is not a basic facility requirement. They can also be used for generating an artificial neutral in facilities that do not have neutral, and that need to connect single-phase loads between phase and neutral.
3kVA to 15kVA - SATP
Keeping all the significant characteristics of Indusul transformers, the SATP autotransformer is a special type, derived from the transformer. The primary and secondary windings are not insulated electrically (there is no galvanic isolation).
20kVA to 1000kVA - SATF
Keeping all the
significant characteristics of Indusul transformers, the SATF autotransformer
is a special type, derived from the transformer. The primary and secondary
windings are not insulated electrically (there is no galvanic isolation).